This recipe will make six chunky vegetarian burgers that are delicious and really simple to make. The patties can be put in the freezer and cooked from frozen. Simply double the cooking time!
- 800g/28oz cans of kidney beans
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 200g fresh tomato salsa
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mild paprika
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg
To serve (optional) :
- 1/2 lime juice
- 150ml natural low-fat yoghurt
- 6 burger buns
- 1 sliced avocado
- 1 sliced red onion
- 1 Cos/Romaine lettuce leaves
- Preheat the grill on a high heat.
- Drain and rinse the kidney beans. Mix all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- With clean hands, grab a large handful of the mixture and shape into a ball.
- Add the balls onto a large, lined baking tray in two rows of three.
- With the palm of your hand, gently press the balls into patties.
- Grill for 5 minutes until golden, and flip for another 5 minutes.
- To serve, mix the lime juice with the low-fat yoghurt and spoon on the burger with other optional ingredients.
Let us know in the comments your thoughts on this recipe. Remember to follow us on Instagram for more recipe ideas and inspiration.