It may have carb in the name, but this versatile Italian dish swaps out the pasta for butternut squash noodles, or ‘Boodles’!
This recipe serves two people, and would work great as a healthy post-gym dinner.
- 340g chicken breast
- 1 packet spaghetti squash
- 120g mushrooms
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 60ml white wine
- 4 tbsp arrowroot starch, or other thickener
- 250ml whole milk
- 170g mangetout/snow peas
- 2 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp chopped, fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 150C / 300F.
- Add oil to a large frying page pan and heat with a medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and desired seasonings. Italian seasoning is my personal choice!
- Once oil is close to reaching its smoke-point (or when you see ripples in oil), add chicken and sear each side until golden brown. Remove from pan and put on baking sheet and into the oven.
- Place the large frying pan back onto heat and add the cherry tomatoes chopped into quarters. After a few seconds, add garlic, mushrooms, and mangetout. Heat until the mushrooms are golden brown. Add in the white wine and let cook until all wine has evaporated.
- Add milk and reduce by half, then add arrowroot (mixed into a slurry with some water). The arrowroot will thicken when heated, so be careful not to add to much.
- Remove chicken from oven when cooked all the way through. Keep to one side.
- In the large frying pan, toss in the spaghetti squash into the sauce.
- Serve baked chicken on top of sauced spaghetti squash.
Let us know in the comments your thoughts on this recipe. Remember to follow us on Instagram for more recipe ideas and inspiration.