This Italian-inspired, low carb morning meal is nutritionally packed and is great for people trying to burn fat. Perfect for a breakfast or brunch.
- 400g can of cannellini beans
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 2 large free range eggs
- 1 half lemon
- 100ml water
- Handful of basil leaves
- Splash of extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Splash of balsamic vinegar/glaze
- Splash of Tabasco sauce
- Splash chilli Sauce
- Cut the tomatoes in half, place in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, add the lemon juice, chopped basil leaves and season with salt. Leave to soak for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain the cannellini beans and fry in a pan on a high heat until charred and popped from their skins.
- Once the beans are ready, add the tomatoes and water. Leave to simmer on a medium heat for a minute or so and crack in the eggs
- Cover the pan with a lid, plate or foil until the eggs are steam cooked to your liking.
- Serve with toasted bread, buttered or spread with ricotta cheese.
- You can garnish with basil leaf, balsamic vinegar or hot sauce and season to taste.
Let us know in the comments below how the recipe turned out. Remember to follow us on Instagram for more recipe ideas and inspiration.