This morning smoothie recipe is the perfect boost to get you set for the day. It’s my tried and tested formula that has been tweaked for best taste and nutritional content over many months.
The frozen berries, ice cubes and cold water cool down the smoothie so it can be served right away.
As an additional boost to the nutrients, the optional ingredients can be added but, be warned, might adversely affect the taste. The bitter almonds have been known to have tumour fighting properties . Just don’t add any more than suggested below, bitter almonds in large quantities can be toxic to humans. The fresh garlic is a fantastic blast to your stomach problems, and can even stave off colds . The fresh kale is packed full of vitamins and will turn the smoothie a bright shade of green!
- 1 Pear
- 1 Banana
- 1 Pink apple
- Handful of frozen berries
- 3 ice cubes
- 1tbsp cinnamon
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- 1 hunk of ginger, finely chopped
- 100ml cold water
- 1 clove of garlic (will adversely affect the taste!)
- 3-4 bitter almonds
- Handful washed, fresh curly kale
- Add the ice cubes, frozen berries and (optional) bitter almonds in first. NOTE: The blender I am using (the NutriBullet) requires you to turn the filled vessel upside down and blends from the top to the bottom. If you are using a conventional blender, follow these instructions in reverse! The hard stuff must hit the blending blades last of all.
- Chop the apple, pear and banana and throw into the container.
- Add the cinnamon, coconut oil, ginger and (optional) the fresh kale to the top of the container. If it doesn’t fit, squish it all down with your hands!
- Blend for at least 1 minute depending on your blender. The mixture must be very smooth.
Remember to follow us on Instagram for more recipe ideas and inspiration.