This recipe for a power breakfast is delicious and healthy.
If you can work it into your morning routine it will fuel you all the way ‘til lunch so you avoid snacking. Keeping the below ingredients in the kitchen cupboards will prevent you from reaching for the sugary cereals.
Porridge can be plain and boring on its own, however the chia seeds are a great source of additional protein and thicken up nicely to improve the texture of the porridge.
- 1/3 cup porridge oats
- 1 desert spoon chia seeds
- 1/3 cup soya milk, or alternative
- 2/3 cup water
- Fruit topping of your choice.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large microwave proof bowl
- Stir in the milk, then put in microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring half way through
- When ready stir in fruit of choice, I prefer pomegranate or chopped strawberry
- The mixture at this point can seem a bit sloppy, however it soon thickens up.
After sitting for a minute or so the mixture may thicken too much, if so simply add some more milk.
Feel free to experiment with the ingredients listed above and come up with your own power breakfast. Send us your creations on Instagram .