These banana protein pancakes make a great post-workout snack or as a pre-workout breakfast. The slow release sugar in the bananas is the prefect fuel for your sessions or recovery.
You can try experimenting with different flavours of protein powders to see what works. Try vanilla protein served with grated dark chocolate and red berries for a simple twist.
Thank you so much to gushi_foreverfit on Instagram for this recipe.
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 scoop of banana flavoured protein powder
- 1tsp baking powder
- 170g wholewheat flour
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- Half a sliced banana, to serve
- Mix all the ingredients together into a bowl or large jug. Whisk together into a smooth batter. Leave to settle for 30 minutes before cooking for best results.
- Use a medium, non-stick frying pan with your choice of healthy oil, coconut oil would work great. Heat the oil on a medium heat.
- When hot, cook your pancakes for 1 min on each side until golden brown.
Be sure to follow gushi_foreverfit on Instagram, thanks to her once again for sharing this recipe. Let us know in the comments below how your pancakes turn out.