This delicious granola recipe is a doddle to put together and will keep for many working weeks of breakfasts.
EDIT: I have halved all the ingredients in this recipe from the feedback I've received. SW
Make sure you have a lot of air-tight, plastic storage containers, as this recipe makes a lot of granola. If you’re doing this is an experiment, feel free to half all the ingredients as a trial. For an extra protein portion, serve the granola with a few heaped tablespoons of low-fat yoghurt.
If you have nut allergies, you can remove the peanut butter and replace the chopped nuts with additional seeds.
- 150g oats
- 135g chopped mixed nuts
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 75g desiccated coconut
- 100g honey
- 30g smooth peanut butter
- 60g salted butter
- 10g extra virgin olive oil
- 75g mixed seeds
- 50g dried figs
- 75g dried prunes
- 45g dried cherries
- 25g dried raisins
- 50g crystallised ginger
- 25g dark chocolate
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c (160c fan assisted ovens) or gas mark 4.
- Mix the oats, nuts, pumpkin and mixed seeds and desiccated coconut together in a bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients (honey, peanut butter, butter and oil) into a pan and heat very gently until melted together.
- Pour the melted wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir together.
- Tip out the mixture onto a baking tray and spread out with a spatula.
- Bake in the oven until the mixture is browned. This is usually for around 15-20 minutes.
- Crumble the mixture back into the bowl and add the remaining ingredients, dried fruit and ginger .
- Grate the dark chocolate over the mixture and let it cool. Then once at room temperature it's ready to serve.
Let us know in the comments below how the recipe turned out. Remember to follow us on Instagram for more recipe ideas and inspiration.